Court of Protection and Deputyship

Sometimes it is not possible for an individual to create a Lasting Power of Attorney and that person might no longer retain the capacity to deal with their financial affairs. This can be problematical as care fees and other routine outgoings might need to be paid but nobody holds the legal authority to assist them.

In this circumstance it is necessary to apply to the Court of Protection for someone to be appointed as a ‘Deputy’ to manage the individual’s financial property and affairs. Autumn Years Law can assist you with all aspects of the application process and also provide you with practical advice and guidance to assist at what is often a difficult family time.   For further information call Liz on 01704 870404